NATIONAL GARDEN WEEK
June 5-11, 2022
Jill Walker, GCG’s National Garden Week Chairman reminds us:
Make plans to celebrate in your community. Each year, National Garden Week is an opportunity to promote our objectives and reach out to potential new members and work with other organizations around us to enrich our environment.
The National GC Chairman, Sara Hemphill, offers these suggestions
(from the NGC’s website). - Consider a project at a nearby state park.
- Plan an opportunity for an adult or youth organization or families to improve a public space or nearby area.
- Have a plant sale or flower show.
- Work with a local nursery to plan a workshop on planting a native flower garden for pollinators.
- Plan a workshop or educational event at your local library for children.
- Visit gardens in your area with your club. Invite friends.
- Have club members make fresh mini flower arrangements to take to a local senior care home for dining tables.
- Ask mayor to sign a National Garden Week proclamation.
- Donate a plant or flower arrangement to a public facility along with a National Garden Week Poster.